The Advantages of Playing EuroMillions Online
Don’t play EuroMillions online just because it is the simplest way to get in the game! There are quite a few advantages that come with it! Take a look!
- Convenience – Fill out your entry, make the online purchase, and you are done. Then, you can check results and catch up on the latest news online from the comfort of your own home.
- Play EuroMillions with Official Tickets – theLotter gets you official EuroMillions tickets from authorized retailers and then stores them safely on your behalf. You are the only legal owner of the ticket, which means that you are entitled to all the winnings it may generate.
- Safety – When you play with physical tickets, you have to find a safe place to store them. When you play EuroMillions on theLotter, your tickets are stored in a safe for you. If you win any of the EuroMillions prizes, you can rest assured that your entry is safe.
- Automatic Win Notifications – Millions in prize money go uncollected every year. When you play online, you’ll be notified via email or SMS every time you win.
- Play Strategy Opportunities – theLotter offers EuroMillions syndicates, bundles, and systematic forms, which can help you improve your odds of winning. Boost your game by playing online!
Am I More Likely to Win in Certain Countries?
If you have been planning your summer holidays around the countries that win the most EuroMillions jackpots, you might be disappointed. Every EuroMillions line has exactly the same chance of winning the top prize as any other, no matter where it is played.
Some countries do win more than others, with France, Spain and the UK taking the lead in the table, but these are also the largest participating nations with the most players, so it follows that more prizes would crop up in these countries. Portugal does very well for its size, but there are a number of factors behind that, which involve playing more lines than usual. It is nothing to do with the climate, food or culture!
How to Win
There are 13 ways to win in the main draw, with larger prizes awarded for successfully matching more numbers. The overall odds of receiving any prize are 1 in 13.
|5 numbers + 2 Lucky Stars||Jackpot€17 million to €200 million|
|5 numbers + 1 Lucky Star||£303,571.59|
|4 numbers + 2 Lucky Stars||£2,812.15|
|4 numbers + 1 Lucky Star||£131.47|
|3 numbers + 2 Lucky Stars||£53.69|
|2 numbers + 2 Lucky Stars||£13.33|
|3 numbers + 1 Lucky Star||£9.81|
|1 number + 2 Lucky Stars||£7.09|
|2 numbers + 1 Lucky Star||£5.37|
*For Match 5 + 2, the range of available prize amounts is shown. For all other prize tiers, the average amount is shown. Averages have been calculated using data from draws since 10/05/2011.
The chances of winning the jackpot are 1 in 139,838,160. Visit the EuroMillions Odds page to see your chances of winning in each different prize tier.
Millionaire Maker & HotPicks
UK ticket holders also have an additional chance to win £1 million thanks to the Millionaire Maker. Millionaire Maker is a supplementary game which is automatically included when you enter EuroMillions. You receive one code for every combination of EuroMillions numbers you play and it is all included in the cost of a ticket, so you do not need to do anything extra. A winning Millionaire Maker code is drawn alongside each main EuroMillions draw and if the code on your ticket matches the winning code exactly, you win. Special draws also take place from time to time which guarantee multiple winners.
EuroMillions HotPicks is a separate game, so it can be played on its own. Unlike Millionaire Maker, you need to opt in to play the game, which costs £1.50 per entry. HotPicks uses the five main numbers from the EuroMillions draw, and players can decide how many of the numbers they want to try and match. For example, you can choose to try and match just one number to win £10 or you can attempt to match all five for £1 million. The cost of entry is the same regardless of how many numbers you try and match. See the EuroMillions HotPicks page to learn more.
Alternatives to Playing Abroad
An alternative to playing EuroMillions in another country is to buy tickets in advance in your own nation. Most national lotteries allow you to purchase lines for a predetermined number of draws, which should cover you whilst you are on your holidays.
An even simpler solution is to choose your numbers online through a site such as Jackpot.com. You can either buy multidraw entries or you can log in to your account to pick lines for individual draws whilst you are away, as it doesn’t matter in which country you make the purchase. All prizes are paid into your player account, ready to be withdrawn to your bank account when you wish.